Hopefully you’re already starting your long weekend and getting a jump start on summer. As for us, we’re meeting a very special young lady this weekend- our month old niece! So enjoy your beach time or barbecues and I’ll catch you back here late next week!
I hope you enjoyed all the sun porch posts over the last few weeks. I promise not to bore you with that little crooked room any more! In fact, Where We Are Blog is taking a bit of a turn next week. We have an announcement to make and I bet you can guess what it is! Spoiler alert: we’re not moving! But it does involve a construction project of sorts. For now, here’s a little taste of the blogosphere…
- It was all about the outdoors this week! Kristin at the Hunted Interior painted her shed black. Way to go bold Kristin! I think it paid off! Especially with that gorgeous bone white plate display! Genius!
- It’s Overflowing is ready to overflow into the back yard and gives some great tips on outdoor entertaining.
- If you’re planning on an active summer, Pottery Barn’s Inside & Out Blog has great storage solutions for all that gear.
- A gourmet s’mores bar?! How do I get on that invite list? Check out these fun options like Chocolate Graham Crackers and Sea Salt Caramel Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares from Life on Virginia Street. Yum!
Sometimes an alternative can be so fantastic, you start to forget what option one was. Over the last two weeks we’ve revealed our dingy little sun porch, the face lift we gave it with some paint and accessories, and now the make over is complete!
I absolutely love the seating option we chose. This love seat and club chair are from Target’s Threshold Collection. I was really drawn to the boxy arms and the grey-brown color of the waterproof wicker. The cushions are a nice taupe color with decent padding.
These pale blue pillows from Homegoods are for outdoor use so should stand up against the beating sun.
The porch is so inviting to walk into at the end of a long day. Like our own little summer cottage retreat. With our first couple of 75 degree days in a row here, we’ve put the screens down to let the ocean breezes in. It’s just the perfect spot for day dreaming and lemonade sipping and I intend to waste many a summer evening here!
Well I hope by now you have some sort of a Mother’s Day plan. Whether it’s a full fledged day at the spa or a homemade card, tell your Mom she’s awesome because let’s face it, she really freakin’ is! Here’s some fab ideas from my fellow bloggers…
- Pottery Barn’s Inside Out Blog featured a classic breakfast in bed. Though I’m sure this one took a master chef of a husband to prepare. Most kids opt for the classic Captain Crunch breakfast in bed when serving Mom.
- Heather from Whisperberry turned a tea tin and a travel mug into an adorable gift for Mom with this “tea-riffic mom” label!
- Nothing says Happy Mother’s Day like a homemade creation. Cranberry Almond Granola Bites? Yes please. Get the recipe from Camille Styles.
- Or DIY with Mom and put together this herb tower! Very impressive Cottage & Vine!
- Who hasn’t picked dandelions for Mom at one point or another? A couple of blooms in a berry basket is a sweet treat! Check out more floral ideas over at Shoes Off Please.