So I dropped the ball on the every four week baby stuff posts so you are getting four all the way to 12 weeks today. These are the things we have not been able to live without!
- I ‘grammed this a couple weeks ago but I’m completely in love with this Tadples Ash Wood Playmat. I saw it in another blogger’s post here and I have to second her sentiments that those giant primary color ABC mats are just not my style. I understand that babies and kids need colors and stimulation but don’t you think a neutral playmat helps make the toys themselves pop? Makes sense to me. Eli has really been finding his independence on this mat with lots of wiggling and even some rolling attempts!
- This Bright Starts Start Your Senses Sensory Plush Pals Dragonfly was one of the first toys that Eli has really responded to. I know I bought it from this link that clearly states “Dragonfly” but for some reason I’ve always called it “The Bee” and Eli just loves checking out and grabbing at The Bee.
- At some point I looked around and said, “I have a boy. We need to get him a ball or two or five!” And this Sassy Developmental Sensory Ball Set is the coolest. One ball is soft with tons of colors and polka dots with that crinkle material. Another ball is blue with all sorts of bumpy textures. It’s super lightweight so Eli can pick it up on his own. And the third is a noisy ball within a ball. The outside has openings that Eli can grab and wrap his little fingers around and the thing rolls like crazy. He wacks it and that thing goes across the room which is just hilarious to him!
- The drool in our house seems to be increasing daily. Instead of leaving little man in a damp onesie all day, he’s accessorizing like a champ with these Matimati Baby Bandana Drool Bibs. They are so cute and super soft around his neck. Plus there’s two snaps on the back so they grow with your baby. Love these.
- Thank the lord- Eli is a great sleeper and sleeps through most of the night. We’ll put him down between 6:30 and 7p and he’ll sleep until 3ish. Great stretch of sleep for Momma and Dada! And after a quick bottle he usually goes right back to sleep until 6a. That 3a bottle needs to be done quickly with as little light, movement, and sound as possible so he’s aware that it’s still the middle of the night and we’re not getting up to play. This Munchkin Light My Nightlight is the perfect amount of light and Eli loves staring into his big eyes. It’s quite romantic actually.
- For that same 3a feeding, I don’t want to have to trudge downstairs to the kitchen for a bottle and back up again because then I’m awake! So every night I bring a bottle with pre-measured water up and then use this OXO Tot No-Spill Formula Dispenser to fill it. The dispenser holds 3 scoops of formula in three different compartments. I just have to swivle the opening to one compartment and dump the contents into the bottle. No muss, no fuss. And then I just refill the whole thing every three days. I have a second one that I use in the diaper bag and I’ve read that a lot of moms keep these for little snacks as baby grows.